Wednesday, May 30, 2012

U is for Uncommonly Contentful

So I'm not sure if contentful is a word but I feel full of content, therefore, I made it a word.

Today is Wednesday, aka "Sunday" in Kelsey's world. There is no such thing as a Saturday/Sunday weekend in the zoo world, those are the busy days! I actually enjoy having odd days of the week off work: stores are quiet, the park is not full of people, no weekend hustle and bustle.

Third time's a charm, right? Hopefully. Our third deployment as a couple commenced earlier this month. I have kept SUPER busy with work:

 a new child :


acclimating to a new town/organizing all our junk in the new condo:


and exploring our new surrounding wilderness:


(That's a trail I now run on regularly. So secluded, quiet, peaceful! LOVE.IT.)

I absolutely adore our new place. We hope to stay here for the remainder of Andrew's assignment. Our Seattle place was brand new, nice, close to public transportation, a 20 minute ride to downtown.....had constant traffic noise and/or gangster rap music, an hour commute for Andrew, a building with 200 other residents, and a cost that took up the housing allowance.

Needless to say, we are so thankful to now live where we: are within walking distance of my job (which is in the middle of a giant, forrested park full of trails and beaches), have a 20 minute ride to base, within walking distance to Puget Sound, have a view of the water, on the edge of the cutest Pleasantville neighborhood, and oh my lord the biggest difference is HOW QUIET IT IS! We noticed we have already sat outside on our small balconey 10x more than we EVER did in a year on our ginormous Seattle deck. Andrew even installed a hammock :)


(I am sure a blog ALL about Meownt Rainier Barrier will be in the making on my next weekend)

That's about all that my life has been as of lately. Wedding (blog soon to come!), getting settled, entertaining a cat, and working on deployment goals. Oh, for those of you who don't know, or have not experienced the suck of a deployment. Husband and I always like to make goals for ourselves (or each other?), and that gives us something to focus on besides being apart. Pretty smart I think :) Here are a few of mine:

1. Teach Rainy at least one trick. I know she's not a dog. But the animal behaviorist in me can't help myself!
2. Get the condo in order. Yes it is a large task. We currently have the "2nd bedroom" as a "put-everything-in-here-and-close-the-door room." Got to fix that.
3. Reception plan. Obviously. I hope this is on Andrew's list too....
4. Write the companies I use most, that are on the RSPO and thank them for using sustainable palm oil. Yea yea, it's my new thing. I'll let YouTube explain it for me. The Northwest majorly emphasizes Kelsey The Conservation Biologist :D
5.Work out/Run 5 Mile Loop. This is always on my list haha It is a good thing to pass the time with, not that I'm terribly obese or anything. But you don't want your husband, wait, new husband, coming home after x amount of months to a squishier version of your former self. I signed up for 6 weeks of yoga and am taking full advantage of the running trails in Point Defiance (the park). Let's hope his homecoming doesn't make him want to go back to the desert.


Haha, you've got to love fat, happy post-wedded bliss.

Until next time!

Cheers,

Kelsey B!

No comments:

Post a Comment