Tuesday, May 1, 2012

O is for Oh My I'm a Terrible Blogger

Pardon MOI! Life has gotten SEVERELY in the way of writing any blogs. I've missed TWO editions of monthly favorites, a blog about the aquarium, my new job, mom and sister's visit to Washington, a pair of new road bikes, a Napa Valley weekend trip and random everyday adventures of Kelsey. Do not fear, nothing too exciting has gone on in my life lately...

 
Kidding, that is the opposite of true.

 
Here's what my life's to-do list has recently consisted of:

 
End of internship, aka find a job

 
Find a new place to live

 
Move

 
Not too bad right? Then Andrew threw a nice little element in there, and we GOT ENGAGED!!

 




So now, my to-do list is a little bit longer:

End of internship, aka find a job CHECK

Find a new place to live CHECK

Move CHECK

Unpack, reorganize, make a home DEFINITELY NOT A CHECK YET

Get married

Plan a reception


Mind you, each of those new tasks has about 92389 additional details within it. Change your name, buy a dress, find a venue, decide on a date, get military friendly, send invitations, make a guest list, don't go broke, get a marriage license, contemplate having Subway cater to save money, taste cakes, buy waterproof mascara, and the list goes on. and on. and on. As the list continues to grow, I just have to keep telling myself "I will not be a bridezilla. I will not get an ulcer. I will not take Xanax."
 
 
So. That is where I have been. And despite that list, here I sit and a Starbucks (because, of course, our new condo has no Internet yet), JUST to fill you in. Yes that's right, this latte is for you. Cheers.
The trip to Napa Valley was not only amazing because Andrew proposed, but SUPER AMAZING because we got to share it with two of our very best friends. The weekend was filled with a very special vineyard tour, a rained-out bike tour that turned into a private shuttle tour (just as fun, less soggy), LOTS of yummy food, purple teeth, 9 bottles of wine, visits from Oklahoma friends-turned-California friends, and of course, laughs and fun.
 
 



Other than the amazing engagement, our new condo is close to Tacoma, and saves both Andrew and I about 2 hours of commuting each day. My newest career adventure is a temporary biologist at a zoo in Tacoma; doing just what I did for my internship, but getting paid! The temp title is common in this field, although that doesn't make it any more comforting, because in a few months I'll be right back on the job hunt. Perhaps I'll just start my own business so I can avoid the stress of job searching/starting over each time we move stations.....food for thought....
My latte is getting cold, so until next time!
 
 
Cheers, x's and o's,
 
 
KLM not for long!


 

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your engagement!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I've been anxiously awaiting this blog update! Even though I got filled in via phone, I love seeing the fun pictures! I hope you're getting settled into the condo well...AND getting pumped for the BIG day!! I wish I could be a butterfly in the park (sounds less creepy than a fly on the wall) on the 6th :)

    ReplyDelete