I have not done a very good job at keeping up with all I've been doing lately, but being back home in Kansas has been wonderful! It will make it tough to go back to Seattle in a week or so. I'll be sure to update you on all the cool things I've been up to over the holiday season. But for now, here are my favorite things for this month!
- My new Kindle Fire! As an unexpected Christmas present from Andrew, this little guy is so fun! I never thought I would've needed one of these things, but I've used it a ton already. I can get on the internets, download music, and get read lots of books! He thought it would be great for when I ride the train everyday and won't have to worry about hauling around a big book that doesn't fit in my purse. The best part is that before he gave it to me, he downloaded some of my favorite music, and a book from my favorite author onto it for me. Such a thoughtful guy :)
- Giving gifts! I know I have mentioned it many times before, but for me, the best part of the holiday season is making/picking out gifts for my close friends and family. My parameters for gift giving are ones that are personal, thoughtful, and useful. I will be sure to show some pictures of my favorites that I made in my post-holiday blog.
- The beginning of justice! This. My family, and our close family friends have been waiting for this to happen for almost 10 years. In 2002, Mike and Karen were found shot at Karen's residence. I have had the privilege of knowing the Mike's children, and the Boots family for my entire life. I remember the funeral. I remember hearing the buzz about Dana showing up. It was creepy and disgusting. Mike's children, Dustin, who is my age, and Haley, who is older, have turned out to be successful, bright adults. I have never seen such strength and perseverance, despite this horrible, prolonged process that they have had to go through. Every time I think about having a bat shit crazy mother, or testifying against her, all I think is "I can't even imagine." Almost every day, I think about what will happen in the next few months, and what will happen. I can only pray the prosecutors keep up the good work like they did for the hearing, and justice finally gets served.
- Hobbies. I have also mentioned this aspect of my life before. I am sometimes a jump-around jack of all trades, master of none. Well, as I get older, I would kind of like to hone my talents in on some of those activities. This interest to find my own special hobby was sparked when Andrew got his very own, remote control airplane for Christmas. And let me tell you, he is borderline obsessed, but more on that in the next post. I figure I'm going to need something to be as equally enthusiastic about so I can suck him into one of my interests, as I have been sucked into pretty much all of his. Mostly airplanes. Not that there's anything wrong with that! We can just grow together while investing in each others interests :) And since I know he probably wouldn't be too keen on crafting, my list so far is crew, skeet shooting, and more wine stuff. (That's a picture of a wine bouquet aroma kit. I'm gonna train my nose!) I am sure this will prove to make many interesting memories in the future!

No comments:
Post a Comment