- All things pacific northwest. The trees, mountains, salmon, jogging, microbreweries....even their manhole covers are awesome, this one shows some Native American style art, which I have come to appreciate more and more, each time I see it
- Peanut butter and jelly. I don't know why I seem to be obsessed with these sandwiches this month. Maybe I'll look into cooking a gourmet version.....All I know is that I am eating one right now and it is delish.
- Chuck Gumpert fine art. Described as "abstract expressionist and offbeat figurative paintings," I fell in love with these paintings after our apartment complex commisioned him to do 12 different pieces that now hang in different parts of the building. One part of the building his next piece should go is in our living room.
- Cork extractors. I have wanted one of these dealy-bobs for a while. It takes your wine cork out, without leaving a hole in it! I keep all my corks (see next favorite) for various reasons so I think it'd be great to use one of these contraptions. I wonder how much more difficult it would be than a corkscrew though......?
- Candle displays. After browsing Pottery Barn's website almost evey single day for apartment inspiration, I've started a mental collection of things I would like to do to chic the place up a bit. The display on the left reminds me of the outdoorsy Northwest, birch wood looks great. I always love a good nautical theme like the Pottery Barn example in the middle. And lastly, I have nowhere near the amount of wine corks necesary for the display on the right, but I think it would look awesome in the kitchen or living room. I guess I better keep wine blogging ay??
I would love elaborate on my lists of favorite things, and start a Pintrest account, but I'll keep them all organized in my head for now. Check out that website if you haven't, it is lots of fun! Welp, that's all I've got for the favorites of my August! I'll do this again at the end of September, and the Lord only knows what will be on that list, so I'll go on some adventures to find out!
Cheers!
KLM


Hey there Missy! I love reading your posts. Your dinner sounded yummy. Listening to K-State game, so far 5 turnovers and it doesn't sound like they are in the groove yet! TTYS XOXOXOOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO :)LOVE YOU, Mom
ReplyDeleteHeyo! I love this idea of all of your favorites. Do you have a pintrest account? You should! I'm obsessed!
ReplyDelete