- Being cheap. I tried clipping coupons. The prices I am used to in Kansas and Oklahoma are long gone, and I do not enjoy grocery shopping here! I also realized I don’t particularly enjoy clipping coupons eitherJ I tried online coupon searching, which led to a lot of websites asking me to sign up for junk. As my mother will tell you, signing up for GREAT DEALS online, only leads to a mass amount of junk mail, and baby formula samples being sent to your home. Luckily, I still had some newspaper ads hanging around for some future art projects, and I sifted through them. Oh.my.goodness. How obnoxious! The ones I found were expired, or only valid at Target, which we don’t even have! All was not lost though, there was a little booklet called redplum, and that little guy gave me a glimmer of hope for the coupons. However, I think it also makes me want to buy things that aren’t on my list. Oh no! Their tactics are working! Online coupons-0 Old fashioned clipping- 1
- New Girl. Zoey Deschanel is one of my favorite actresses, and she has a new TV series that gives me something to look forward to every Tuesday. (In the world of preschool, Terrible Tuesdays are my least favorite day. Mondays are exciting to 3 and 4 year olds, they get to tell all their friends about their weekends and school is fun. But by Tuesday, it's back to work and they have an attitude of general displeasure towards everything. It never fails. Every week.) Zoey’s character is a goofy, fun loving girl living with a group of guys, and I laugh the whole time. And she tends to make ordinary sentences into songs, which, thanks to preschool, I also do. I feel we are connected in that way. Just watch it.
- Pinterest. Um. I am obsessed. I mentioned in my first blog ever I was thinking about getting an account to organize all the cool thoughts in my head. Well, I don’t even have an account yet, and I spent approximately 3 hours on the HOMEPAGE of Pinterest. Yes I realize that sounds ridiculous but I couldn’t help it, it sucked me in. There is just so.much.STUFF... INTERESTING.STUFF! It definitely will keep me occupied for many, many months to come. Which is awesome, because the busier I am, the faster the days go by J C’mon November! (Pinterest has many things that I plan on encouraging Andrew to join me in: baking, crafts, cute outfits, etc. I know he can’t wait!!)
- PUPPIES. Many women find that time in their lives where all they want is a baby. Their maternal instinct kicks in, and all they want is a little bundle of joy. I’m not there. BUT. Lately, all I want is a puppy! If I’m not at work, sleeping, eating, or on Pinterest, I’m looking at dogs. All I do is torture myself because I know that without a yard, it wouldn’t be smart. But wouldn’t it be wonderful to have a happy, drooley smiley to greet me at the door when Andrew can’t do it?? (Just kidding babe, you don’t drool when you smile, only during sleep) Or a companion to run with? And someone to dress up with for Halloween?? Oh, my imagination is just going to make it worse! A girl can dream….
- KS Necklace. I’m so proud to be a Kansan. Seattle is amazing, but as my great, college biology professor, Dr. Charlie Hunter once told me in regards to moving to Oregon after retirement: “Prairie roots run deep!” Yee haw! I miss home. And the people there. A lot.
- Deletion of arm fat. Cheerleading gives you nice, toned arms. Pushing 4 yr olds on the swings, and coloring, does not. Nuff said.
- Crafty craft crafting. I’ll post pictures when they’re done….let’s just say I’ve been a busy bee! Not just crafting things for myself though. Family and friends: prepare to be blown away for any holidays in the upcoming months! I absolutely love being creative for other people’s enjoyment J
Cheers,
KLM
First of all, I think we're the same person. Maybe not the same, because you run and do races in the mud, but we're similar. I LOVE 'New Girl'. It's my new fave...and Eric's too- don't tell anyone. I can't wait to see your crafts!! And hold up, you don't have a Target? Again, the same! haha. Oh and your pictures of puppies- do you like border collies? Because my family has one and he is the best dog on the planet...right up there with Mr. Barks. Get one! Do it before Andrew gets home. He won't mind.
ReplyDeleteOh I hope we are not making each other the same thing for Christmas! LOL- especially if you've been Pinning!!! ;)- Hannah
ReplyDelete