Friday, December 6, 2013

J is for Jamaica Mon

Today I realized the 31° weather has set in, so I pulled out our honeymoon photo book to daydream about a more tropical time in our lives. Then I realized I never shared any of our adventures with you! Last October we made our way to the Iberostar Grand Rose Hall of Montego Bay, Jamaica. It was one of the best trips I've ever been on. Five star food, personable staff who went above and beyond, private beaches, colorful drinks, and we even met some amazing friends with whom we still keep in touch with, from around the world. I will just let you bask in the light of your computer screen while start scheming a return trip with us! October 2014 anyone?

My excitement was overwhelming to the husband apparently
 
 The first view of our destination
 The staff greeted us with mimosas, introduced us to our personal butler for the week, and showed us up to our room, which included this view. Obsessed.
I obviously had trouble getting comfortable
 Our beach view. The building is one out of five restaurants at the Grand 
 Amazing.
 Andrew enjoying the swim up bar
 Japanese steakhouse on our first night
 Each night they did a different stage show, which were SO fun to watch
 Having a terrible time under a hut
 Room service? Yes please.
 Fake smile at the Italian restaurant because I got sunburnt while snorkeling :(
 Lobby
 Resort hopping to the Iberostar Suites next door
 Pirate party on the beach
 Arghhhhh cheers
 
 Who eats out of a coconut shell? I do and I loves it
 After an afternoon of beach volleyball
 He taught all our friends AND some of the staff how to saber champagne bottles. It's kinda our thing.
 If you can guess how many bottles we sabered I'll give you $1.
 Wondering how I can convince the staff to let me live here
 That's where the kayak love affair began!
 Surf & Turf restaurant. Andrew cried because his lobster was still in the shell and its eyeballs looked sad. Actually, that was me. Andrew bracing himself on the table because he literally can't believe I just did that.
 Friends!!
Until next time mon....
 
xoxo,
KB
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment