Thursday, September 20, 2012

I is for Impatient Winos Eat Grapes.

Working together for a year created one of the closest friendships I have ever known. We get into trouble together, grow into adults together, support each other, and LAUGH. All the time.

My little love, Laurel and I enjoy spending our time dishing out one-liners, inappropriate jokes, and reciting Mitch Hedberg quotes, verbatim. But when I moved to Washington, we had to change all of our friendship activities into textual conversations and Skype chats.

As an engagement present to themselves, Matt and Laurel came to visit us! (OK so maybe it was to see their family who just so happened to live in Washington, but whatev to that!) (And it takes too long to call you Laurel and Matt, so I'm getting a head start: you are now and forever The Stacys. Better start accepting it now.)

 Sometimes when you haven't seen a friend in a while, it might be weird to get back in the swing of things, and other times you pick up where you left off :) That's how you know you've got a keeper! Here's some photographic deets on our time together...


Days filled with food, drink, ocean, and shooting virtual animals trying to kill you. HELLOOO, what else is there to do in life?


Laurel and I smashed the scores of our husband and future husband. Apparently, military men and cops do not use Cabela's Big Game Hunter to practice gun skills.

 
Welcome to our backyard you little engaged love beasts!


They brought the Oklahoma sun with them! One of the hottest days of the year while they visited. (90 is HOT AS HELL for Tacoma)

 
Stacy Family beginnings. All you need is Jadepup and some fancier clothes and that's a straight up wedding photo no?


The Underground Tour in Seattle is a great, and humorous history lesson about the city. I was glad to go on the tour for the third time, because they were there! Oh ya Andrew too :)

 
Vonn's in Downtown Seattle. A favorite spot for people who like to get drunk for $3. The place is famous for their house martinis...but the girls got the $10 drinks instead of drinking diesel fuel.

 
I asked her to show off her ring and this is what she came up with....


We look ridiculous. Too busy to slow down and smile normally.

Andrew and I had a magnificent time with the Stacys, however my excitement only increases with each passing day since we will be reunited in Kansas SO SOON. To wrap it up, here are some closing words/explanations on Laurel and Kelsey's Greatest Hits.

1) Have you ever heard of Mitch Hedberg? If not, get on our level. He is the silver lining to cloudy days, the umbrella to our tropical drink, the duck to our Subway sandwich. Want some of our favorite jokes? Here. *Warning: It's best to hear Mitch, because his comedic timing is...just perfectly awesome. Too bad he died.


I was gonna get a candy bar; the button I was supposed to push was "HH", so I went to the side, I found the "H" button, I pushed it twice. Fuckin'...potato chips came out, man, because they had an "HH" button for Christ's sake! You need to let me know. I'm not familiar with the concept of "HH". I did not learn my AA-BB-CC's. God god. Dammit dammit.
 
I met a girl who works at the Double Tree front desk, she gave me her phone number. It's zero. I tried to call her from here and some other woman answered. I said: "You sound older!"
 
My hotel doesn't have a 13th Floor because of superstition, but c'mon man...people on the 14th Floor, you know what floor you're really on. "What room are you in?" "14.01". "No, you're not. Jump out of window, you'll die earlier!".
 
Imagine being killed by a bow and arrow. That would suck, an arrow killed you? They would never solve the crime. "Look at that dead guy. Let's go that way."
 
I mostly included that because I know Laurel is sitting at her computer reading those out loud in her best M.H. voice. I even included italics and bolds and underliners so you, too, can put the emPHAsis, on the right syllABle.
 
2) I have loved James Taylor since the day I was born. I remember watching him on Sesame Street. One day while reminiscing about the days of yore we YouTubed one of his old school performances, and could not stop laughing.  JAMES WHY ARE YOU SHUSHING THE CHILDREN?
 
3) THIS little monkey made such an impact on the Stacys while they were here, that they wanted their very own! I didn't know Rainy had so much power over others. Must be the hypnotizing eyeballs. Oh yea, and the new cat's middle name is JellyManKelly. Win. 
 
 
Until next time.....yakka yakka yakka
 
Cheers,
 
KB

No comments:

Post a Comment