Wednesday, November 23, 2011

K is for Ketchup and Mustard

Not literally ketchup, but catch up :)

Here I am, readjusted to being in solo mode L It was only a short reunion for Andrew and I, but at least this time he isn’t as far away, overseas, and dealing with war conditions.  He is busy doing an air drop upgrade, being a stud C-17 pilot, as usual. Long distance training is a lot easier for me to deal with on a daily basis; I can call him whenever I want …which may or may not be a good thing for him ;), and we’re only a plane ride away. Even though I probably won’t see him till Christmas time because of scheduling stuff, it puts my heart at ease to know that seeing him is not out of my control, unless they recently started border patrol in western Oklahoma. Here we are on a Sunday outing before he left, at the Hawk's Nest, which is a fun place to watch the Seahawks lose. God forbid we take a serious picture.


Other than that, life is good! I’m puppysitting this week for a coworker who is in Hawaii while it rains like the dickens here. Ruby is a great listener. And she smiles at me when I sing in the car.

I have no plans for Thanksgiving, besides watching the parade and football with Ruby, and eating a turkey sandwhich. Andrew and I had a wonderful Thanksgiving a couple weeks ago so we could experience the whole sha-bang of cooking together, which I was really looking forward to before we learned of his training dates. I meant to write a blog about it but got caught up in the readjustment of being by myself and work and whatnots. It was about 7 hrs worth of cooking: Turkey, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, mac and cheese, stuffing, homemade gravy, pumpkin cream cheese truffles (courtesy of a Pinterest recipie that WAS A LIE that didn’t turn out at all like described. WARNING: They are NOT pretty like the picture shows. Not at all.), and apple pie! Almost everything from scratch besides the stuffing, rolls and cranberry sauce. It was exhausting but definitely fun. Here is Andrew with his beloved turkey. The second time he did this pose, post cooking, the wings fell off. He was so proud of all the crap he stuffed into that thing. It all paid off, because it was yummy, so thank you Chef Barrier!



The one thing that Thanksgiving reminds me is that I dislike when people embrace thankfulness for one day. Why can’t people have that attitude, and the general holiday spirit all year round?? November through December is great for some people, but personally, the holidays serve as a reminder to be gracious, giving and kind, no matter how close the date is to December 25th.
Besides our giant Thanksgiving feast, I have been cooking a lot lately, who knows why. Probably because leftovers are easiest to pack for lunch. My great and lovely friend Kelli always raves about this Pioneer Woman website, and all the recipes, so I tested it out and look forward to finding more goodies there. Here’s the lasagna I tried, it was yum! And Andrew approved.

Finally, I added some more pictures from Andrew's camera to the previous post about our trip to Canada, so go check them out! Until next time friends...

Cheers,
KLM

No comments:

Post a Comment