Sunday, August 28, 2011

S is for Sunday

So here I am, first blog ever!  I am excited to document all of the adventures Andrew and I will go on, all the places we'll travel to, and much, much more along the way! Here's a quick update on my life's events up until now:

  • After finishing my Masters in KS, I moved to Stillwater, OK to work at a toxicology job that I absolutely loved at first, then grew to hate...(being over-worked and under-appreciated/under paid is not conducive so happy employees) but that gave me the perfect opportunity to move :)
  • Andrew got stationed at McChord AFB in Tacoma, where he moved in April, and I joined him in July
  • I was a "house girlfriend" who cooked and cleaned allllll day *wink wink* until I got my current job, an assistant preschool teacher at a private preschool on Mercer Island.
  • My marine biology degree has nothing to do with education, but I have been given a great opportunity to expand my knowledge base and get experience in something I can take with me anywhere, i.e. when the military moves us!
  • I will soon start volunteering at the Seattle Aquarium (if I make it through training and they accept me); which is only a stepping stone to my dream internship there. It's geared towards people who want a career in the aquarium/zoological field <-----ME! Ever since kindergarten I decided I wanted to play with otters all day as a job, so here I am, on my crooked road journey to get there....
  • Or maybe I'll end up combining my current job, with my love, and run an education department of a zoo. You never know?


I call Seattle "2nd Home" because Kansas will always have my heart!

It has been a lazy weekend for me. I got off work on Friday to do my first grocery shopping since Andrew left on his second deployment. Luckily, it's a short-ish one because I don't think I can afford food shopping with tax for very long! The commissary on base is such a blessing, unfortunately I can only go there with Andrew, wah wahhhh. Shopping, cooking and running, my weekend has been filled with nothing more, besides watching The Office on Netflix....way too much of it. I took some time to relax on our apartment's rooftop deck as well, which is always a nice treat since the summer here has been AWESOME! I'm not jealous of anyone back home, over 100 degree temps every day, no thank you. Looks like I left just in time.


That is as much as an update as I for you now....looks like its back to The Office for me, or maybe I'll cook something fancy for dinner with me, myself, and I. Don't get me wrong, I miss him terribly and will think of him everyday, but adjusting to Andrew being gone hasn't been too difficult. I've done it once before, and it's so much cleaner, and quiet when he's gone ;)

Until next time....

Cheers,
KLM

2 comments: