I cannot remember one single New Years Eve where I was like, that was a full 365 days of commitment, goal reached! I have usually forgotten what I resolved to do. So why even make them? People love new starts, clean slates. Even if we make it a week of trying something new, I'd say that's a good start to the year.
Which brings me to the worst failuation probably in history. The husband wanted to try this new eating plan....called the paleo diet. He just wanted to try it for a month, I thought "ok dear, good luck! I'll be over here cheering you on." If you're not familiar with paleo, it's fondly referred to as the caveman diet. Meat, veggies, fruits, beans. Sounds simple. Sorry, no dairy, no grain, no sugar, nothing processed. For some odd reason, after reading about it, my watch-from-afar, be-a-supportive-wife stance, had changed into motivation to try it. SAY WHAT!? This is the same manner in which I got sucked into half marathoning. Dang you aspirational husband.
I didn't last one day. NOT ONE! Talk about failuation. Lets just say somebody didn't think ahead and grocery shop appropriately for their own idea. And I love cheese. It has been decided I can eat healthy and cheesy at the same time. In honor of my epic fail, here's a new natural salad dressing recipe that I'm borderline obsessed with, along with special Kelsey touches I added :)
Lemon tahini dressing via eating well.com
I double everything but here's the original measurements if you just want to test it out.
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice (roughly half a lemon's juice. Lemon has great cleansing properties!)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons tahini (I didn't know what it was either until I made hummus. But it's just ground sesame seeds)
- 1 small clove garlic, minced (I add a lot more. Because, hello it's garlic)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (Himalayan pink salt because this)
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (gives a little kick, and a metabolic boost!)
Until next time...